Monday 3 October 2022

FACTS

 I just realised today is Monday and such fact day so here are some facts.

During the great plague of Europe the Pope at the time made it law to say “God bless you” to anyone who sneezed.

A “coward” was originally a boy who took care of cows.

As far back as the 6th Century it was customary to congratulate people who sneezed because it was thought that they were expelling evil from their body.

A person who collects postcards is called a “deltiologist” so I am a deltiologist.

There are 38 Bibles sold or distributed around every minute, this is down from 47 in 2002.



3 comments:

  1. Good facts Jo-Anne and I didn't know any of them, so now I'm much the wiser...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Mexicans I used to work with would always say, "Sancho", when you sneezed. Apparently a sneeze was a sign that Sancho ("the dirty guy")was sleeping with your wife...

    ReplyDelete
  3. MArgaret...........Thanks

    Chris.......Now that's funny

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...