Thursday 3 September 2020

Thursdays Poem

 

If I Could Hear Her

© Carolyn Ferreira

Published: November 2013

I see your teardrops falling.
I hear you cry my name.
I know you cannot see me,
but I hold you just the same.

I watch as you lie abed
as restless as can be.
I hear your whispered words
as you pray for dreams of me.

Every day for you is painful.
Each breath, each step you take,
but as the wise mom, I know
a future you will make.

I envelope you in my love
as for me you used to do.
It's hard to see you in such pain.
Forever the strong one's been you.

Although our lives' journeys
have bid us to be apart,
I am with you, you are with me,
always in our hearts.


Source https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/if-i-could-hear-her

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely poem! Makes me miss my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem Jo-Anne.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem made me cry. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Lovely poem that the mother wrote when thinking about her 20-year old daughter that got killed by a falling tree...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem. The love of a mother for her child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mama.......It is

    Margaret D.......Thank you

    Carol.......It is touching

    Mariette......I didn't know that

    Nancy....I agree

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in 1890's Australia

  Throughout the 1890’s conferences had been held about the six colonies forming a federation, workers formed a large part of those who vote...