Thursday 17 September 2020

Thursday's words

 

If I Could

© 

Published: August 2017

If I could catch a rainbow,
I'd do so just for you
So you could share its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.

If I could, I'd buy an island
You could call it your very own,
A place to find serenity,
Where you could be alone.

If I could take your troubles
I'd throw them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.

'Cause I can't buy an island
Nor catch a rainbow fair,
So I'll just do what I do best:
Be someone who's always there.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/if-i-could-5

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    DREAMS that all of us have at times...
    Indeed, IF we could perform little miracles for loved ones, we would do so.
    Great poem b Lydia C. Dunne!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all that counts in the end, being there for those we love. Wonderful poem, timely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with that poem. I try to be there and I have often wished others were for me. A few years ago, they were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariette.......so bloody true

    margaret D......Yes ut us

    Nancy.........I liked it

    Kea.......Yes it is

    Katie,......I think we all feel like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is how all moms feel about their children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being there for someone else is the most important thing of all.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...