Thursday 1 November 2018

Disgusting Food Museum


This morning while watching Sunrise the breakfast show I saw a couple of things that made me go what the hell............

Seems that Sweden has a disgusting food museum which is all very good and I am sure it contains many disgusting foods such as maggot infested cheese, sheep eyeball juice or bull testicles all gross but would American's think their root beer was disgusting, me things not.

Just like us Aussies do not think Vegemite is disgusting yes I get many people do not know how to eat it, spreading it thick like peanut butter. Also to make the list was our loved lolly the musk stick which I really don't get, the other food from down under to make the grade are witchetty grubs which are gross.

So what do you think is one of your countries loved food on the list and if so is it truly gross or not.


8 comments:

  1. Love my Vegemite Jo-Anne, I do believe that you have to like it from near birth to appreciate it.

    Gross are some of those things you mentioned...yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the durians (king of fruits) which we love so much will be gross to many because of its texture and its strong smell. I just love the smell of fresh durians. You will have to google to know what is durian and what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a disgusting steak sandwich the other day. The steak was like boot leather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo-Anne - I'm a marmite girl! Sometimes things taste revolting and sometimes just the combinations put me off ... I try and chose wisely - mostly, but not always. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. All they'd have to do is follow me around for a while and see what I eat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll of those sound gross to me--except root beer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret......Yes us Aussies have it from a very young age

    Nancy.........Yeah never heard of durians

    Diane.........Steak like boot leather is disgusting indeed

    Hilary....... I have seen Marmite in the supermarket but have never tried it

    Chris.......Many of us eat stuff others find gross

    Rita......I get that, I have never tried Root Beer so have no idea what that is like

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's (root beer) delicious and I cannot imagine why it would be termed disgusting but...oh well. Here's how it's made.
    One traditional recipe for making root beer involves cooking a syrup from molasses and water, letting the syrup cool for three hours, and combining it with the root ingredients (including sassafras root, sassafras bark, and wintergreen.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...