Monday 23 July 2018

Did you know No: 20



Hello everyone here I am on a cold Monday afternoon getting around to writing a post and I have some good news both my parents have been discharged from hospital, this is such good news for all of us.

So this Monday I am doing Did You Know Monday again, so here are this weeks facts that you may or may not already know.

Although the Angel Falls are much taller than the Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls are much wider which may be why they both pour about the dame amount of water over their edges about 2.8 billion litres every second.

The best cure for hiccups is breathing into a paper bag, this calms our diaphragm by increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in your bloodstream.

We have four tastes, the salt and sweet taste buds are at the tip of the tongue, bitter is at the base and sour is along the sides.

Argon is used to f ill the space in most light bulbs, neon is used in fluorescent signs. Fluorescent lights are filled with mercury gas.

Popeye originally got his strength from garlic not spinach

5 comments:

  1. I do get hiccups once in a while, and I hope I will remember to try breathing into a plastic bag. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your parents were so sick - I am thrilled they are getting to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo-Anne ... so good to know they are both home - and the family can relax a little ... long may it last - take care, cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garlic??? "You won't want to be blew on, it's garlic I chew on, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man, toot toot!" No, I don't see that working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy....Thankfully I don't get hiccups very often but will try and remember how to get rid of them

    Chatty....As are all of us

    Hilary...So true, mum said she slept well last night and had some good food as well

    Chris....Nope garlic doesn't work and Olive Oil wouldn't like kissing garlic breathe

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...