Tuesday 3 July 2018

Dangerous Creature/Eastern Brown Snake



Hello everyone here I am on Tuesday afternoon starting a post, this morning I had to go and stay at my parents and stay with dad while mum had a post opp check up at the Royal and as dad is still not good they didn't want him to be left home alone. 

Just after I arrived dad walked down the hall to the toilet and on his way back to the kitchen he sounded so bad I thought he was going to collapse, however, he made it to the kitchen and used his oxygen, he than decided to go back to bed and that was were he stayed.

This weeks dangerous/deadly creature is the Eastern Brown Snake, heard of it, I am pretty sure you have. However, did you know that the brown snake group is most likely responsible for snake bite deaths over any other snake group in Australia, this is probably because it is found all over the country.

It is a slender snake up to 2meters or 7foot long, that can be different shades of brown ranging from pale brown to almost black. It's underside is pale cream-yellow often with orange or grey bits.

If bitten you may not realise straight away as the bite can initially be painless and difficult to detect, this is not good as if you are bitten you need medical attention pretty much straight away.

It's venom can cause eventual paralysis and uncontrollable bleeding, which I reckon would be a give-away that you have been bitten.






10 comments:

  1. Dear Jo-Anne, just reading your posting about the snake unsettled my stomach. I've always been so afraid of snakes--even nonpoisonous ones. And I know you live in Australia and here in North America we probably don't have that snake, but just the thought unnerves me! I'm a real wimp! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big fan of snakes either, but where I am most are harmless. Sounds like Dad is really struggling, glad you don't have the oppressive heat like we do here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrified by snakes and rodents. I hope your dad feels better soon.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your father gets better.
    I have been out of town and not able to answer posts- but I am back.
    I am scared to death of snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit Australia one day, but when I do, I sure hope those snakes stay far away. Hope your dad improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize your dad was back home, I'm so glad.
    And really, the only thing I hate seeing pictures of as much as spiders is snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee........I do not like snakes but thankfully were I am we rarely see them

    Chris..... Yes dad is struggling but he would be better if he would take his puffers on a regular basis

    Janie......Me too, they give me the creeps

    Chatty.....Dad needs to do things to help himself, like use the oxygen and his puffers

    Carol.......Snakes scare me silly but we rarely see them thankfully

    Karen......Dad needs to do things to help himself stay healthy and not wait till it is too late and he is in a bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dad just came home from hospital where everything was done for him - eventually he will become stronger..great difficulty in breathing is certainly not a nice thing to have in life..

    Those brown snakes, I took a photo of one once at the Great Australia Bight...thank goodness it was slithering away from me and not towards me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don’t think they have those here but we have plenty that are poisonous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margaret..............Yes he will, if he uses his puffers regular things will be easier for him


    Rick...........Yeah I think they are mostly found here in Australia

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...