Thursday 18 January 2018

Decorations

Well as we all know the Christmas period is over, same with the New Year and I saw on another blog this questions “when do you take down your holiday decorations”, so I decided to write a post about this for today's post.

I put my Christmas decorations up around the middle of November and leave them up till the 1st of January. The type of decorations I use mostly now days are the ones you just stick on a wall, I find that they are easy to do and in all the time I have been using these type of decorations I have only had the paint come off while removing them a couple of times. Although when Kathy-Lee was removing them last week she removed some paint because she didn't remove the decoration slowly trying to rip it off fast.

Even my Christmas tree now days is a small tinsel tree that sits on the dining room table, I also like decorations that I can sit on top of the television and other things. I do have a larger Christmas tree I just don't have the room to put it up.


The only time I decorate the house is at Christmas time, I know in other countries people decorate at other times but here in Australia and mostly my family it is only done at Christmas time.

10 comments:

  1. What kind of decorations do you put on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stickers of Christmas things, like Santa and wreaths all so Christmas trees

      Delete
  2. Ours are still up. Just don't plug 'em in anymore. We need the kind that you push one button and they put themselves away, like on the Jetsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't put decorations on the walls and never have done.
    Took our down the trees a week after the New Year. We had one in the lounge room and one in the family room. Next year will be just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the wall stickers so easy and don't take up room

      Delete
  4. I have framed winter paintings and holiday pictures I hang on the wall. I'm done with all of that. Now it's that boring time - just after the holidays and before St Patricks Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We put our decorations up mid December and take them down the weekend of January 1st.
    I planted our Christmas tree yesterday. It looks beautiful in its new home in the side yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely got my Christmas decorations down in time, but my New Year's party decorations are still hanging from the ceiling! LOL

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...