Wednesday 7 June 2023

Aussie Slang both old and current

Hello everyone recently as in this year I have been reading as in listening to a lot Arthur Upfield's books they are fictional stories set in the Australian outback, during the 1930's through to the 1950's. Anyway listening to these books made me think about old Aussie slang and current Aussie slang so for a little while I will share 5 Aussie slang words and sayings here each Wednesday till I lose interesting in it.


Today's five are all old rarely used slang if at all.


Duffer: cattle rustler


Dead horse: Tomato sauce


Donger: penis


Dog's eye: meat pie


Cook: One's wife

8 comments:

Australians Under Fire Intro Pt 1

  So, after going through some stuff, I found this book called Australians Under Fire 1942 and have decoded to use it for my Wednesday posts...