Monday 20 March 2023

MORE AUSSIE FACTS

Here we at anther Monday so it is Aussie fact day and today we are looking at Queensland.

Queensland is the second largest state in Australia it is on the East Coast, the coastline stretchers around 7,000kms. It's total area is 1.853 millions square kilometers. It has a population of over 5.185 million.

It is home to the worlds largest coral reef known as the Great Barrier Reef.

The city of Cairns is a gateway to the reef and tropical Daintree Rainforest.

The capital, Brisbane, is flanked by the surfing beaches of the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.

Queensland separated from the Colony of New South Wales in 1859 becoming a self governing Crown colony and in 1901 became one of the six founding states of Australia.





4 comments:

  1. I would love to go there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fuzzy trying to comment on this, but then I realized it's because you're a day ahead of me, and I was time travelling without a helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie......It is a bloody great country

    Chris.......What can I say Chris, what can I say

    Margaret......Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...