Monday 3 August 2020

Fact Day


Another Monday has arrived, weekends go so fast don't they, well you know it is fact day so here we go............

In the air sound travels about 340 metres per second, it travels faster on a hot day,......OK

Ice cream was invented in China in about 200BC, when a soft milk and rice mixture was further thickened by mixing in snow..............Really???????????????

Roman noblemen would send their slaves to mountain tops to gather fresh snow, this snow would then be flavoured and served as part of their famous food orgies this is another version of early ice cream.

For it's size the tongue is the strongest muscle in your body.

Lettuce is a member of the sunflower family.


9 comments:

  1. For it's size the tongue is the strongest muscle in your body.
    It can hurt you with it's words forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting facts concerning ice cream and lettuce. Have a great week and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the ice cream.
    Didn't know about the lettuce being from the sunflower family.
    Interesting are the facts Jo-Anne.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the cornea is the most sensitive part of the body. Despite what all the men in my house say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew none of these things. I'm not sure I would have wanted to try the first version of ice-cream. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I didn't know about the lettuce being part of the sunflower family. Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ice cream stuff is cool (see what I did there?) but the lettuce really flabbergasted me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandie......That it can

    Nancy.....I thought so

    Margaret D......I agree

    Juli....,..That's interesting

    Kea......Same here

    Debby......It is interesting

    Chris.....Yes I did and me too

    ReplyDelete
  9. LETTUCE! Who would have thought that!?

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...