Monday 20 January 2020

Did you know Facts No 1


Here we are at another Monday which means it is did you know day.

British soldiers were nickname “Tommies” in WW1 because of the example name on the forms to become a soldier was Thomas Atkins.

The worlds oldest existing restaurant opened in Kai-Feng China in 1153

The shortest British Monarch was Charles 1 he was 4 ft 9in

It takes human eyes about an hour to fully adapt to the dark, once they have adapted, however, the eyes are about 100,000 times my sensitive to light than they are during daylight hours.

The first parachute jump from an aeroplane was made by Captain Berry at St Louis Missouri in 1912


9 comments:

  1. I did not know any of these. Interesting. :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my eyes are extremely sensitive to light.
    I did not know ab out the restaurant - I love to go to to eat - there - not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found these facts very interesting, especially the eyes being so sensitive to light. I don't like to put the light on if I have to get up during the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know any of these things, either! You can post them again on another Monday; I won't remember. LOL. Take care and have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was that restaurant burger or pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juli.......Now you do but did you need to know, I doubt it

    Sandie.....Same here about the restraunt

    Margaret......Indeed

    Rosie.........I am pleased about that

    Kea.....Oh h ow I get that

    Chris.....If only

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll bet you that the monarchs and of course the citizens in general weren't much taller. I have seen uniforms and clothing in museums of peoples anywhere in the world till about 1870; and they were all small enough, women too, to fit a today's 10 yr. old. Even the Civil War here in the S...the boots were small in size and the shaft that fits the calf not much larger around than my forearm! Uniform jackets were so narrow, it is amazing the an adult could wear them. Better nutrition and of course eating a lot have made us all swell to much larger proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never let your gatekeeper down and choose a deal. That is anything but an astute utilization of your cash. Be patient and watch for the correct venture.
    AAP KI NEWS
    AAPKINEWS

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...