Sunday 28 May 2023

WEEK 21 OF 2023

Sunday and bloody cold as well, I had to drag myself out of bed but I know once up I am fine so dragged my body out of bed at 4.50am.

I had no problems doing the shopping this week.

Had a ok day although I had a lot of back pain making sitting in any chair difficult and painful.

I dragged myself out of bed at 5am, Tim had a shower last night and left the towels on the floor soaking wet which I hung up to dry.

The driver Leo had at the start of the year is back which is slightly annoying but it is what it is.

Both Tim and I had medical appointments at the same practice, the doctor was pleased with my BGL's and has taken me off another of the diabetes tablets so now I only have one for diabetes down from 4 tablets and insulin.

I also managed to get in and out of the car on my own.

After my Dr's appointment I managed to go to the chemist on my own, Tim acts like I can't do anything.

Woke at 4.45am and after peeing I decided to stay up and it is bloody cold. I had the heater on for a while this morning.

Tim drove Sam to his headspace appointment, as Jess has work.

Tim had rehab this afternoon, his thumb isn't healing as well as it should be, so he has to wear the brace all the time for a while and see how things go.

Another cold morning and it isn't even winter yet, it isn't always easy getting up at 5am and yeah I could sleep later but I like my early mornings once I am up and dressed.

Someone changed the battery in one of the lounge-room's clocks but didn't fix the time, how annoying. I changed the time but couldn't rehang the clock.

The day has warmed up nicely.

Another cold start to the day, I wish I could put my own socks on, I don't like asking Tasha when it is so cold to come down and do it.

Sandy called in after she dropped Temika at school, just to say hi and see how I was.

Tim went and had another ultrasound done on his thumb it doesn't look good, he may need more surgery.

It warmed up nicely and was lovely in the sun.

Not as cold this morning, it is still cold just not as cold and still need the heater on for a bit.

Sandy called in to pick up the mail I had to post, this was seriously appreciated as there is no way I could get down there to post them.

Around lunch time it suddenly became very overcast and started to piss down with hail in fact we had three down pours with hail. It also became very cold, cold enough to think about turning the heater on, but I didn't.

Jessica was at work when the down pour happen and because of the turn in the weather her work was cancelled, she was doing traffic control work.

Slept well and up at 5am as usual turning the heater on before getting dressed. It is bloody cold morning.

Tim getting us KFC for lunch, Kathy bringing me over some snags & mash for lunches next week.

My right leg has been shaking a lot during the day.

Kathy and Summer turned up around 1pm and after depositing my meals in the freezer they went over to Tasha's so she can help with Tasha's assignments.

Damn it has been cold today.



5 comments:

  1. You sound like your movement has improved. It is cold in the mornings even up here. You sure do get up early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am getting around better and I like getting up early when all is quiet

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are doing a bit better. That's good.
    I hope Tim doesn't need more surgery.
    What are snags & Mash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snags are sausages and mash is mash potatoes
      Yes I am doing much better

      Delete
  3. That's good that your BGL's were good and you are on less medication. Sorry to hear that Tim's hand isn't healing like it should.

    I too, love the quiet of the early morning.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in 1890's Australia

  Throughout the 1890’s conferences had been held about the six colonies forming a federation, workers formed a large part of those who vote...