Wednesday 12 December 2018

Rankin Park Appointment


Good morning or good afternoon or maybe it is good evening depending on when you are reading this. I hope life is treating you well, I am well.

So yesterday I had an appointment at the Rankin Park Day Hospital about the problems I have with my balance. Tim drove me over and stayed with me for the appointment, we were there for just over 3 hours.

We saw a doctor, a nurse and a occupational therapist and a physiotherapist, in the end I was signed up to attend the falls program which is ran over six weeks and will help me with my balance. Thankfully they will arrange for a taxi to pick me up and bring me home again, the program doesn't start again till the 29th January.

They are also going to arrange for someone to come and check out the house and try and arrange for hand rails at the front door and in the bathroom. This will make Tim happy.

During the last year I have had about 8 falls and near falls which I guess is a lot.

I was getting annoyed with how much the occupational therapist went on about me having a bath, she thought I should be having a shower. I do not like showers and rarely have them. At this stage I do not have a problem getting in or out of the bath, when I start to have a problem I will deal with it.


4 comments:

  1. NICE THEY HAVE PROGRAMS LIKE THAT AND THEY WILL PICK YOU UP AND DRIVE YOU HOME.

    AND SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO! (baths)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this really helps. Falls at our age are no laughing matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although 3 hours is a long time, I'm really glad they put together a good strategy for helping you. Eight falls in a year is excessive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chatty.......Yes it is great that such programs exist, I will continue to have a bath because I like baths

    Chris.......Yes falls are not good

    Karen.......Yes 3hrs was a long time but a lot was covered in that time, I know 8 falls is a lot

    ReplyDelete

Lest we forget

  They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and i...