Wednesday 29 August 2018

China Day 3/Great Wall & Rickshaw Ride



After another night sleeping on a rock hard bed, we were up dressed and down for a so so breakfast at 6.30am.

Yet again I chose to wear my grey shoes, yes I am slow to get it at times, anyway our first stop of the day was The Great Wall. I did not even think about attempting to climb it, Tim however, thought about it and walked up around only a couple of hundred metres before deciding it wasn't something he wanted to do.

After our group photo was taken I decided to check out the souvenir shops,there were two different shops with some awesome souvenirs and yes I bought a few things. After I checked out the first shop and was looking around the second shop that I saw Tim he was suddenly standing beside me. After buying some souvenirs we decided to get an ice cream each, it was around 34°c and I had a yoghurt cone which was big and nice, haven't had one of them in years

After the Great Wall we headed for our Rickshaw ride but first there was a walk around by the lake but our tour guide Lisa said she thought it would be too much walking so I waited in a coffee shop. She then arranged for the rickshaw to pick me & Tim up at the corner of the road saving me a long ass walk, after the ride we had a meal in a typical Chinese household, how typical it was I do not know but more about that tomorrow. After the meal she arranged for another rickshaw to pick me up and take me back to the bus.

It was then back to the hotel for the night

6 comments:

  1. Throw. Away. The. Gray. Shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much about the great wall but I have not visited China yet. So kind of the tourist guide to arrange rickshaw for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris..........Yeah I should have left them in China

    Janie..........Yes is seems that way

    Nancy.........It was awesome, watching people climb the stairs, and yes it was kind of her

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Great Wall is on my bucket list

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...