Thursday 21 September 2017

I have little pain and it feels good

Hello Thursday, a lovely day here today, I went to find clothes this morning being that it is warm day I wanted shorts or ¾ pants and found that I only have one pair of ¾ pants and only two pairs of good shorts not what I call everyday shorts so I going to have to buy more before the hot weather arrives day in and day out.

Had the cortisone injection into my right knee on Tuesday morning and it has made a big difference to my pain and ability to move, cortisone injections can offer fast-acting relief of inflamed muscles, joints, tendons and bursa.

Cortisone is corticosteroids which is also called steroids and is used to treat inflammation, when injected into or around a painful area such has a joint or muscle they can reduce the in the area, this then relives the pain and reduces tissues swelling thus improving function and mobility. Depending on the condition they can offer relief for several weeks up to a few months. I am hoping to get a few months of relief.

Corticosteroids mimic natural hormones produced by the body — specifically by the adrenal glands, which sit atop the kidneys. Corticosteroids should not be confused with male and the steroid hormones, which are sometimes misused by athletes and body builders.

Steroid injections can effectively treat the joint inflammation that is seen in people with rheumatoid arthritis. They can also be used to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis the most common form of arthritis and gout.

The injection can be done by your GP in his office but are often done at a Xray place with the aid of either a CT scan or and ultrasound, mine was done with the aid of a CT scan. 

13 comments:

  1. Let's hope for several months! I think I may be coming up to having to try something. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am really hoping that it lasts for several months

      Delete
  2. I hope this will help you for months!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do hope this will help you for a good while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had them too - they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad for your decrease in pain. What a relief it must be.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you've got at least a little bit of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are able to get a couple months relief as well! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an injection years ago in my shoulder joint because of sickeningly bad tendonitis pain in it, Helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...